Gluten Free Chocolate Torte
- 1 (16 oz.) package of molding chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract (gluten-free)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray, then line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper.
- Spray the paper with cooking spray too, then set the pan to the side.
- Place 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter (cut into chunks) and 8 oz of the molding chocolate in a microwaveable tray.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds - 1 minute, stirring often, continue in 15 second increments- if necessary, until melted and completely blended.
- Now pour the molding chocolate and butter mixture into a large bowl. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add the six eggs, one at a time, whisking after each one.
- Sift the cocoa into the bowl. Stir until blended.
- Pour into springform pan and bake 30-40 minutes or until cake has risen and formed a thin crust.
Chocolate Glaze recipe:
- Take 4 oz. of the remaining molding chocolate and 3 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat - stir until smooth.
- Remove the glaze from the heat, then stir in vanilla, honey, and milk. Set aside to slightly cool off.
- When the cake has cooled, pour the glaze onto the center and use a spatula or the backside of a spoon to smooth the glaze along the top and sides of the cake.
Chill the cake in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 30-60 minutes before serving to allow the glaze to set and it will also make the cake much easier to slice.